What is Bingo Lingo?
When you start playing online bingo, it can often feel like you are on another planet with players saying GM CM and CMs saying WTG GG, UL GL NG.... This isn't world hasn't gone mad, and no one is swearing at you! This text is a what we like to call bingo slingo!
Bingo Games can often be too quick or chat rooms too busy for players to type all that they have to say with full sentences, so the online bingo community uses Bingo Lingo as a faster way of communicating to other roomies.
Chat Room Etiquette
Before you get started with learning the Lingo it is worth noting that for first time players it is often hard to know the chat room rules but if you follow these handy tips then you won't go far wrong,
- No Swearing in Chat: Swearing in chat is a big a no no and the lovely chat hosts will give you a warning which could leave to being banned from chatting or even the site.
- Don't harrass: Uness it is a bingo dating site, 99.5% of online Bingo sites are not dating sites and many players use chat roomsto be social while playing bingo.
- Don't use all capitals: 'TYPING ALL YOUR WORDS IN CAPITALS IS SHOUTING' and nobody likes to be shouted at.. however the rule doesn't apply to CMs (Chat Moderators) as these guys usually use caps to Stand out from the crowd.
- Keep it friendly: If lady luck isn't on your side don't use the chat as an excuse to be rude to others as this won't win you any friends.
- Most importantly: Have Fun and Good Luck!
Learning the Bingo Lingo
Despite Bingo Lingo looking complicated, Bingo Lingo it is incredibly easy to pick up and fun to use.
To help you be sure of the unfamiliar terms here are a list of bingo phrases to help you master the basics and understand what people are saying to you in the online bingo rooms.
Welcome Bingo Phrases
Leaving Bingo Phrases
Common Bingo Game Lingo
General Chat Lingo
How to use Online Bingo Lingo?
If you are a new player, it is worth joining chat rooms to see how players use the lingo and then take part in the action. It is worth remembering the following tips:
- Acronyms: Most og the lingo is an Acronym. Each letter represents the first letter of a word for example, ROFLMAO = Rolling on floor laughing my ass off.
- Action words: Action cronyms such as *H* = hug and *S* = smile always have a astrix around them.
- Phonetic combinations: Just like in a text or on other social media, create a phonetic representation of the word such as L8R = later, CU L8R = See you later.
- Association: Associating a type with each term (welcome, Leaving, general, Common, General) will make it easier to memorise the different types of bingo lingo.
Best Bingo Sites for Chat
Some smaller bingo sites can be quiet with hardly any chatty players while some bigger sites can be quite lively. If you are looking for an action packed friendly online bingo community, then Wink Bingo and 888Ladies Bingo could be ideal for you. See a list of online bingo sites on Glitzy Bingo.